Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

The camel is finished!!!

So last August Heather and I went to Sacramento and took a spinning class, ya know, the kind with drop spindles, not bicycles! It was really fun. And of course we had to do a little stash enhancement afterwards. During our shopping, I came across an ounce of baby camel top (the softest fiber to grace my hands, btw!!!). Now if any of you know my brother Duane, you know that this is a big deal, and I had no choice but to buy the camel down and spin it into my first completed hank of yarn: The lonely little 1oz. of fiber spun out to be 18ish yards of bulky weight camel yarn!

And of course, if you know Duane you'd know that I had no choice in the matter of what this lovely (cashmere soft) camel yarn needed to be knit into: That's right! A camel finger puppet! I was pretty pleased with how everything turned out! The yarn had a lot of thick and thin sections, but over all not bad for my first attempt. And the little camel was such a fun little knit! It only took me an hour to knit it up; as opposed to the several evenings it took me to "master" the spinning of camel fiber! But I think the most exciting part of finishing this lil camel was the fact that now all my Christmas knitting is done! HOORAY!!! Now I am off to finish some birthday knitting and start my first pair of socks! :)

Comments:
That little camel is SO CUTE!

It's admirable that you've taken the time to learn how to spin - I don't think I'd have the patience for it!

And good luck with those socks!

--Your Secret Pal
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives