Friday, October 27, 2006
Thank You SP9!!!
I got a box from my sp9 on Tuesday afternoon, but a family bout of the stomach flu has kept me from posting until now. I was spoiled rotten! Not only was there three balls of 'Desert', a yummy candle, the best chocolate I have ever had, beautiful stitch markers, stickers, lotion, and a cute hand made card, but there, in the box, was my very own copy of 'Stitch 'n Bitch'!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippie!
And just look at all the beautiful color in this yarn!
This pic doesn't even begin to do it justice! Now...what to make?! I was thinking maybe a 'So called scarf', but I'm not sure how the slight thick and thin effect will change the appearance of the pattern. Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thank you again SP9, when it comes time for best pal awards, you will have my vote! :)
Friday, October 20, 2006
Okay, the camera is finally working!!!
Lots of goodies! Lotion, fu fu, shower gel, conditioner, nail polish and Party Light candles all in fragrances I am sure I will love, once my hyper-prego-nose calms down! Not to mention 6 skeins of yarn!!! All brands that are new to me, so it will be a fun adventure knitting them up! And 12 inch long dpn's in a plethora of sizes! Now keep in mind that I am still a beginner knitter, but what does one make with foot long dpn's?? I am so curious! :)
Now for the sad part:
Here is what made it to me in package number two:
I know Jen poured her heart into this package, and that is what makes it so hard to report that there was a hole in the envelope and all I received was a fab sweater book, one skein of yellow Luna (with two luna tags), and a lonely red glove! Just think of the other glove, wherever she may be, somewhere between Cali and Canada, ever searching for her mate! Oh, so sad.
I am still blown away by your generosity, Jen! Thank you so much again for everything! And better luck next time with shipping! :)
Another Big surprise came in the mail this week: a box from my long lost SP8! (only a month and a half late, he he). And as with the former boxes from this pal, it was interesting!
There was A LOT of candy...
And a bunch of little extra things and a shawl, but blogger is acting up and not letting me put the pics on here all of a sudden. You might be able to see the shawl under all the candy in the above pic. I'll try to get the pics up in a bit, if blogger will let me!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Thank You Jen!!!
I'm sorry I haven't posted this sooner, but a Big Thank You to Jen from Canada for the lovely gifts! I will have to post pics real soon, but today I just can't get anything to work for me. We sent our beloved Dutch to be with the Lord last night, and I can't seem to think straight or stop crying (for those who might criticize over this reaction, I am pregnant and have cried for much less lately, plus I really loved that rabbit!!!). As soon as I can calm down, I will have to do much bragging about the nice things from Jen!
Rest In Peace Lovey!
Thursday, October 12, 2006
sp9 contest answers
Actor - right now the guy who plays Michael on prison break (sorry, don't know your name)
Actress - my three year old daughter, such a drama queen!
Animal - hmmm, four way tie between: bunnies, lambs/sheep, lions, and giraffes
Band - Todd Agnew
Book - Little women, as far as novels go. but Success God's Way as far as informational reading,which I do a lot of.
Bubble Bath - coconut almond
Candy - chocolate
Color - ORANGE
Flower - daffodils
Food - right now I want California rolls, but I am pregnant, and my tastes are changing often!
Lip Balm - pina colada lip smackers
Lotion -bath and body raspberry or aveno's stuff that smells great, and I cant remember the name of.
Movie - Gone with the wind!
Song - My Jesus by Todd Agnew
TV Show - tie between prison break and meerkat manor!
Vacation Spot - Monterey, CA! I wish I could live at the Fish Hopper restaurant!!!!
Wow! I had to really think for some of those! :)
Thursday, October 05, 2006
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I use the 'good to go one skien tote' by eagle, but I am quickly out growing it.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for a year, and I think I am somewhere between a beginner and intermediate. I taught myself after my hubbie gave me a book for my birthday.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes, amazon, under jessica baus.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I LOVE coconut!! and anything fruity! I'm pregnant (and having all day sickness) so please nothing too overpowering.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I am a Chocoholic! I also enjoy peanut butter and chocolate together; and mint chocolates.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I scrapbook, make my own cards, and do some basic sewing! I also have been playing around with a drop spindle!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to all types of Christian music, and i also like jazzy stuff like john mayer. I have an i pod.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I AM IN LOVE WITH ORANGE!!! I also like all shades of green. I like black, white, reds, yellows, pinks, blues, purples and everything inbetween; I truly love ALL colors, but orange and green are at the top of my list.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?Me (im pregnant, due in april), Husband, 5yr old son, 3yr old daughter, a turtle, and our beloved rabbit 'dutch'!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Most anything that is easy and pretty!Durring this round of SP I will be doing a lot of gift knitting for Christmas.
13. What are you knitting right now? Right now I have a 'Portland Sweater', cabled owl dishcloth, and a headband for my daughter on the needles.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use all kinds, but my fav is addi turbo! I am also interested in trying the new knitpics options line.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Sadly, no I don't. A winder is definantly on the wish list.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3mo.
18. What is your favorite holiday? hmmm...either thanksgiving or easter. I'm kindda funny about holidays, I like to celebrate the true reason for the holiday and not the commercial/pagen fluff that is popular (ie: I don't do santa-> I do Jesus' birth; I don't do easter bunny-> I do Jesus' resurection!)
19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect china tea cups, and tea pots, candles, picture frames, and most anything that is particularly interesting or pretty; my friends say i collect random orange things, but my hubby says i collect half finished craft projects! :)
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have any subscriptions (someday I'll get simply knitting and/or interweave knits). Also would like to try noro silk garden lite and/or noro kureyon's new colors 188, 182 or 175! I do love most things I find on Knitty.com!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am interested in short rows and other shaping techniques. I would love to learn how to make socks! And the enterlac scarf is still haunting me.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? not yet, I would love to learn how. I'm not even sure how to measure my foot for socks.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 08/22