Wednesday, January 24, 2007

 

I did it!!! I knit socks!!!

Thank you again secret pal for the lovely book and supplies! These are my attempt at the 'class sock' from the Sensational Knitted Socks book, on two size 1 circs, in peaches and cream cotton (had some sitting around, so I thought I would practice with it)!!
I did notice that my gage was different for the second sock, but I don't know why. The second sock is a tad tighter and smaller than the first, but at this point I don't really care! I'm just jazzed that I (lil miss can't-walk-and-chew-gum) was able to knit a pair of socks! WOO HOO!!!
And as an added bonus, I think they will fit the new baby by next winter!

Comments:
VERY well done!!!

My gauge was different, too, for the first few pairs of socks I knit. And it's really obvious when the socks are smaller. I also noticed that I got better with the keeping the gauge consistent as I made more and more socks. Now I knit two socks on two circs, so gauge isn't a problem.

Congrats on finishing your first socks!

--Your Secret Pal (but not for much longer!)
 
Congrats:) They look awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives